BIRD CONSERVATION NETWORK
5225 Old Orchard Road - Suite 37 Skokie IL 60077 847-965-1150
BCN Board Meeting
December 10, 2004
2. Census recruitment: Judy distributed a flyer that she is sending to all CBC participants to recruit additional BCN census participants.
· Bob suggested a “Birding by Ear” session for the conference as a way to train people to be census monitors.
3. Birding Trail Map: Randi and Donnie reported on the production schedule. The map and signs must be ready by May 7th.
· As soon as the draft map is posted on the BCN website, Randi will ask for volunteer proofreaders.
· Next week the DOE Commissioner will send out letters to all land owners asking for their support related to signage. BCN will have to follow-up and work the land owners to get responses.
· It was agreed that Bob would write the letter to support the use of the terminal building as a Rehab facility.
5. IL Bird Conservation Initiative: Donnie reported that we are waiting for the staffers at USFWS and IDNR to meet.
Buildings Conference: Randi reported that registration will open next week.
Two key architects from NYC have agreed to speak, joining two
7. USFWS grant for analysis of BCN bird data: No news yet about the grant.
9. Monitors: Lee reported he is working on establishing contacts within each club and increasing the number of land managers involved in the program.
10. 2005 dues: Glenn will distribute a prepared dues mailer at the January BCN meeting so each member can easily pay for 2005.
11. Succession: The board had a general discussion about future board members and the need to ensure that no board is filled with all novices.
The next regular
BCN meeting will be January 15th at